Senior Backend Developer
23 December 2020
- Responsible for the development of high-performance, low latency, mission critical software at the heart of the BidFX trading system.
- Involve working on core trading services, order management, real-time price feeds, database design, cloud-based micro-services, big data handling and more.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team on a flagship, trading system.
- Code in Java as your primary language but will take a holistic interest in software engineering.
- Practice in multiple programming and/or scripting languages and will be capable of switching technology stack to meet different project needs
- Hands-on development experience building large, complex high-available services.
- Assist in architecting aspects of the trading platform, working closely with peers, front-end/mobile developers, product management, QA, and UX/UI designers
- Lead small product teams, mentor, train mid-level developers, and present your team’s progress at regular company stand-ups.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related subject
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with advanced Java programming
- Good knowledge in data structures and algorithms and experienced with multithreaded programming
- Self-motivated, organised, adaptable and a quick learner
- Flair for writing good, clean code, a dedication to software quality and have a passion for modern development methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Full stack development capability could be an advantage
- Experience of some of all of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- REST API and Web sockets
- Distributed systems
- Message oriented midleware
- Multithreaded programming
- HA fault tolerant systems
- Binary data marshalling
- Data compression algorithms
- IP Security
- Big Data
- SQL and ORM
- Data caching
- Cloud Deployments
- Agile development processes, including SCRUM